Janet Seggie Bsc(Hons); MD; FRCP(Lond); FCP(SA)
qualified MBChB (Birm) in 1972; Specialized in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
Consultant Physician and Professor of Medicine, and Assistant Dean: Undergraduate Education, at Groote Schuur Hospital/Faculty of Health Sciences: University of Cape Town, until retirement in 2012.
Served inter alia as a Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Continuing Medical Education (CME) and, as requested, as reviewer for Medical Education and Medical Teacher and the South African Medical Journal (SAMJ).
Upon retiring from clinical practice, assumed the role of Editor-in-Chief: Health and Medical Publishing Group (HMPG)* and Editor of the SAMJ.
* The publishing arm of the South African Medical Association (SAMA) that publishes the following:
- the SAMJ (just 10 years younger than the BMJ) published monthly.
- CME ¬†(published monthly).
- SAJ Surgery; SAJ Obstetrics and Gynaecology; SAJ Child Health; SAJ Psychiatry and SAJ Radiology – key representatives of the chief domains of medical practice – (all published quarterly).
- SAJ HIV Medicine and SAJ Sports Medicine (published quarterly).
- SAJ Critical Care (which is biannual).
- SAJ Bioethics and Law and African J of Health Professions Education (which are biannual and published exclusively online); SAJ Communication Disorders (published annually)
- and the South African Medicines Formulary.